The 6th session of the Parliament is scheduled to begin on the 19th of November. During this session, which will go on till the 10th of December, the National Assembly will consider the following bills:
- Child Care and Protection Bill
- Penal Code (Amendment) Bill
- Anticorruption (Amendment) Bill
- Civil and Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill
- Sales Tax, Customs and Excise (Amendment) Bill
- Public Finance (Amendment) Bill
- Land Act (Amendment) Bill
- Election (Amendment) Bill
The government will submit reports on actions taken on the following resolutions of the National Assembly:
- Pay revision
- Zhaptog lemi
- Constituency development grant
- National minimum wage rage
The Assembly will ratify the SAARC Agreement on Trade in Services.
The Women and Children Committee of the National Assembly will submit their report.
And the National Assembly will consider a petition from the public of Paro to formulate stringent rules for drayangs and discotheques, and to review their licensing procedures.
I would like to encourage discussions on this blog on as many of these agenda items as possible. But the discussion papers for the 6th Session are yet to be distributed. So I do not know what will be discussed on most of these issues.
I’ll post information on these agenda items as and when they become available. In the meantime, please share your overall views on the items that will be discussed during the 6th Session.